-

-

Thursday, August 25, 2016

VIA to Willing Hearts

On 19 August 2016, we went to willing Hearts for our VIA. It was a memorable trip for us and it was the first time we had our VIA together...

Separating the fruits from the syrup.

Packing foods for the needy people.

The boys have learnt how to wash the dishes.

Helping the volunteers to pluck and cut vegetables.

Align the buns in the trays for it to be steamed.

Beside the band members, there were a few volunteers from different company.

It was a meaningful bonding session with the band members as well as the volunteers. We went through what the volunteers had to do daily and understand how tiring it was but they did it willingly without complaining. Honestly, I really admire and appreciate those volunteers who took their time and initiative to help and serve the needy people without complaining.
Pearlyn Ng, Drum Major'2016

The VIA trip to the Willing Hearts was a tiring one. However, during the VIA session there, I learnt to do many things that I do not normally do at home because at home I do not do housework. I learnt how to wash dishes there and also how to cut broccoli. I felt that it was an enlightening as there I learnt to be independent and do things myself without relying on others.                                                                                                                                             
Asher Tan, Band Major'2016

At first what we did was to separate the fruits from the syrup. Just by doing that, we could already feel our back aching. Next, we had to align the buns on the trays for it to be steamed. Ms Yeo was helping us as well. I found it very fun and I felt like a machine because we had to keep doing, trays after trays. We also helped to pluck spinach, cut broccoli, etc. It was tiring but ultimately, we had a great time. 
Yeo Hui Shan, Quarter Master'2016

It was tiring but I had a fun time. It was a good experience for me as I went through what the volunteers had to do and understand how much work they need to do.
Jordan Chan, Section Leader- French Horn'2016


We were really impressed by those volunteers who come to help out almost every day. If we are given the chance, we would definitely love to go there again so that we can bond together but we can also help out one another.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a good experience. I have learnt a lot of thing at the our VIA Hours. My seniors have a good work and effort and us. We did our very best for our VIA hours. We did it at last. Our hard work pays as a band it really pay. I did enjoy my VIA. It was fun. Mrs Mak and Ms Yeo help us so much in our VIA. Our seniors help up in the kitchen and the juniors was plucking the healthy vegetables and throw the dry vegetables but it was a hard work. I am proud of myself. The others who help up. We did it as a (band family) we will help each and other and never give up.

(Today I am proud of Henderson, Tomorrow Henderson will be proud of me.)

I LOVE HSS CONCERT BAND. ONE BAND ONE SOUND ONE FAMILY

Fazilah, Section Leader-Trumpet'2016